KBE Deputy Superintendent Job Posting
KAINAI BOARD OF EDUCATION
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT
The Kainai Board of Education (KBE) seeks an individual of integrity and high standards who is able to provide strong leadership and collaborative skills. Duties will commence July 3, 2017, or as mutually agreed.
- Assist the Superintendent in all matters related to the operation of the KBE.
- Advocate and adhere to the KBE polices and strategic plan.
- Ensure that educational / instructional programs are implemented in accordance with Alberta Education requirements.
- Supervise principals, program managers as delegated by the Superintendent.
- Coordinate education activities within Blackfoot Confederacy, on reserve, federal and provincial agencies.
- Promote Blackfoot Language and Culture and in accordance with Kainaiyssini
- Provide instructional leadership to staff.
- Analyze, interpret, and assess results of Provincial Achievement Tests and Diploma Exams.
- Supporting and developing school administrators through mentorship.
- Recruitment and retention of teachers.
- Ten (10) years related experience and five (5) years of Administrative experience.
- Demonstrated excellence as a teacher
- Proven leadership in school or administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the Alberta curriculum for K-12
- Knowledge of effective instructional strategies
- Respectful and inclusive interactions with the community at large.
APPLICATION PACKAGE MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and a Brief Statement of Leadership Philosophy.
- Copy of all Credentials
- Three (3) Reference Letters
- Copy of Alberta Permanent Teaching Certificate
- Current Criminal Record and CYIM Check
Send applications to:
Kainai Board of Education Human Resources
Box 240 Standoff, AB TOL 1Y0 Attention: Human Resources Director
Or by E-mail email@example.com Deadline: Friday, May 26, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
*Late applications will not be accepted *Incomplete applications will not be accepted *Only those contacted will be interviewed.
For Information call: 403-737-3966, Ext. 224 or 240